Looking for something....

Thursday, June 20, 2013

BONNAROO 2013 Top Three

MY TOP THREE PERFORMANCES

Warm up Video ( because you always forget things for Bonnaroo)
 


"Yall got any drugs?"

Thankfully my experience was the exact opposite of this video. Our car lucked out and got a really great security guy who was more interested in weather we had glass or an extra person hiding in our car rather than drugs or explosives. At one point i really did think we were going to be search by the Sheriffs because we were directed to the toll almost right next to them. Luckily the whole process took about 30 seconds and my first interaction with a security guard was hilarious and fun. I knew right then that the weekend was going to be Epic!

TOP THREE PERFORMANCES

1. Sir Paul McCartney
First of all he did his sound check on Thursday night, just in time for us to see it here is a video of his Improvised Bonnaroo Song.


The show literally left our whole group speechless, I'm pretty sure we all cried together at some point. I know When he sang "Yesterday" my heart skipped 10 beats, Helter Skelter lit our a fire up under our asses, Hey Jude Properly united all 80,000+ as a family on the farm. But one moment I will always remember was embracing my best friend and just singing at the top of our lungs to"Carry That Weight" we sang till our voices were gone and then we kept singing some more, our voices cracked uncontrollably but we didn't give a shit we did like the rest and lived in that moment.

Helter Skelter (not my footage)

Hey Jude-I still get chills at 3:50 (not my footage)


Carry that Weight (not my footage)

2. Pretty Lights
Idk if it was my state of mind, the vibes around me, or if Derrick Smith aka Pretty Lights is really that amazing. Either way I had the best time with Pretty Lights. He played a 4 hour set, and we partied until the sun came up, it was magical to see so many people at the crack of dawn partying like it was midnight and the show just started. Simply amazing!




Pink Floyd Time Remix





I will never miss a chance to see Pretty Lights again after this show. That's how much I liked this set. His music is just perfect not to hard core EDM. Its got a real groove to it, almost like he knows just how to make you want to dance. Non stop movement with this dude, Its just what I was looking for.

3. Kendrick Lamar
One of my best friends isn't the biggest fan of Hip Hop/ Rap but after this show he said Kendrick Lamar was his new favorite rapper. The energy Kendrick brings to the stage is electrifying, although he only got an hour set it was so damn good. I was a little worried about seeing Kendrick Because he was performing on Sunday and i didn't think i would have enough energy ro bring it right, but damn he brought the energy for me i just picked up on it and so did everyone else. I'm so grateful I got to see him at a pretty early stage in his career, His wordplay capabilities are sick and if his talent elevates the way I think it can he will definitely be one of the best.

Black Hippie Update + Dr. Dre advice Interview @ the Roo


"m.A.A.d city"




"Bitch Don't Kill My Vibe"



This whole event was amazing. These were just my top Three. Thanks you Bonnaroo for surpassing my every expectation. I'm officially addicted and will certainly be on the farm next summer with more friends and even better times. Love you Roo !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment